March 15, 2009:
- Whilst conducting water safety for the Cronulla Shark Island Swim Challenge, the Westpac LifeSaver Rescue Helicopter spotted a 2m hammerhead sharkin the area. The Cronulla District LifeSaver Rescue Boat helped to herd the shark back out to sea.
- Responded to a triple-0 call reporting an overturned boat at the Jibbon Bombora just south of the Hacking River. When arrived on scene the Crew pulled four people out of the water. They were assessed for injuries and then transported to the RMYC Port Hacking.
March 7, 2009:
- Tasked north of Wanda Beach after a shark sighting. After a thorough search an all clear was given.
- Whilst patrolling north of Wanda a small hammerhead shark was spotted; with the assistance of the Elouera IRB the shark was herded out to sea.
- Received a distress call from a 40ft cruiser 'Phantom' reported to be on rocks at La Perouse. The Westpac LifeSaver Rescue Helicopter and Australian Volunteer Coast Guard also responded. The vessel was found on rocks at the northern end of Frenchman's Bay. Attempts to refloat the boat were going to be made as the tide rose.
- Tasked to Boat Harbour after a woman fell off a jet ski and was suffering from suspected spinal injuries. Two Rescue Crew went to shore to treat the woman and immobilised her whilst awaiting Ambulance Paramedics. The patient was taken to Sutherland Hospital where X-rays were taken - she was discharged at 7pm that night.
- The Westpac LifeSaver Rescue Helicopter alerted the crew to a 2m shark at the southern end of the wall at North Cronulla. Beaches were evacuated whilst the shark was chased out to sea.
- Assisted a large yacht with an onboard electrical fire at the entrance to Gunnamatta Bay. The yacht was towed to the RMYC Port Hacking.